We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Japanese American Leadership Delegation to Japan program (JALD). The application deadline is September 22, 2017. Please be advised that individuals selected must be able to travel to Japan from March 2-10, 2018, and attend the mandatory orientation in Los Angeles on February 2-3, 2018.
Selection for the 2018 delegation will give greater consideration to individuals with extensive experience in the following sectors:
• Local, state or regional government including appointed and elected officials
• Entrepreneurs and business owners
• Communications and Media
• Arts and Culture
Selection Criteria will include:
• Successful and senior leadership in one’s profession
• High level of interest or experience in U.S.-Japan relations
• Commitment to strengthening U.S.-Japan relations in the future
• Interest in expanding the role of Japanese Americans in U.S.-Japan relations
In principle, delegates should be 40 to 55 years of age to enable longer-term opportunities to build U.S.-Japan relations in their respective professional and community activities.
In reflecting the goals of the program, priority will be given to sansei, yonsei and gosei, including Japanese Americans of multi-racial background.
2018 JAPANESE AMERICAN LEADERSHIP DELEGATION TO JAPAN
August 30, 2017
(Open a New Window)